Help & FAQs for owners
Improvements and changes to Booking.com
We’re always looking for ways to maximise your bookings, and this involves looking for new marketing channels to work with (e.g. our existing development and testing with Expedia and channel management software), as well as optimising the existing channels we already work with.
Outside of our direct channel (i.e. repeat bookings, guests that book directly on ReserveApartments.co.uk, etc.), Booking.com is a major source of bookings for many owners. As such, we’ve been working hard to ensure you get the best possible quantity and quality of bookings.
We’ve been working with our Edinburgh-based account managers on the following:
- Optimising all imagery used on our listings, which improves our ranking and helps to encourage further bookings
- Adding room size information to listings, which again further improves our ranking in search results, but is often a useful/required piece of information for some international tourists
- Adding in additional discounts for dates that don’t sell to optimise your return on investment, which will be monitored closely to ensure full prices are achieved wherever possible and that discounts primarily encourage guests to book and have the overall impact of increasing the net income you receive as an owner
- Offering a non-refundable rate, which will be price-matched to our original pricing on Reserve
- Giving guests the option to pay via Booking.com by Virtual Credit Card. These provide us with guaranteed payments for bookings and are charged using a temporary, digital MasterCard