Help & FAQs for owners
Improvements and changes to Airbnb
When we first started working with Airbnb we experienced a low level of bookings, but as interest and awareness has grown, Airbnb is becoming a more integral part of our overall marketing strategy.
The appeal of Airbnb is still very much geared towards spare rooms, and budget places to stay, but their marketing/PR buzz and international recognition is certainly something we can benefit from in order to achieve bookings for you.
As part of Airbnb’s continued appeal, we’ve been working hard to improve your listings, including:
- A general review of the appearance of all listings, ensuring property photography is key selling points are highlighted
- As additional space has been provided for property information, we’ve gone through all our listings to ensure any missing information has now been provided
- Availability is now managed thorugh a direct integration with Airbnb, rather than a manual process. This frees our team up to be more productive (e.g. helping guests book, encouraging new bookings, etc.)
- Response rate to enquiries and booking requests is an important factor with regards to ranking, and so we’re monitoring this closely and looking for ways to improve this on an ongoing basis
- Guest reviews and feedback play a critical role, and so we’ve introduced ways to increase the positive feedback we receive via Airbnb, which benefits all listings within our account
- All the property names match those on our own website. This ensures guests can book direct if they choose to, but also that it’s easy for them to investigate their chosen apartment via Google (i.e. to check authenticity, look for additional guest feedback, etc.)
- Guests can book via an instant booking option, which again frees up our admin team while still securing bookings at properties.
Much of this work is on-going, but it is ensuring that we capitalise on Airbnb as an important marketing channel for Reserve as a business, and for you as a property owner.